Wednesday 9 September 2015


Homework

The homework that will be asigned throughout the year is designed to support what we are learning in the classroom. It is meant to inform parents of our learning goals and to help make the connection between what we learn in class and real life applications. Students should also be reading at home on a daily basis. I will share a document with them through Google Drive for them to document their reading accomplishments. 

Homework will be sent home on Tuesdays and will be due the following Monday. I understand that families have various commitments throughout the week and I do not believe in sending homework on a nightly basis. All homework will be sent to the students electronically, through Google Drive. Once I share the document with them, I am able to monitor their progress and the students do not need to 'submit' their homework as it is already in my Google Drive folder. 

Homework is meant to support and extend the learning that is happening in the classroom. I will comment on their progress and provide next steps. Homework will not be marked or evaluated. I fully encourage and support parental guidance and discussion with respect to homework completion. However, I expect that the work and ideas will be a genuine representation of the student's thinking. 

Thank you in advance for your support. If you are not able to access the homework electronically, please let me know so that I can send home a hard copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment